“I am basically a feminist. I think that women can do anything they decide to do.” -Grace Kelly
"Fairy tales tell imaginary stories. I am a living person. I exist. The day someone tells of my life as a real woman you will discover the true person that I am." -Grace Kelly
“Why get angry? Getting angry doesn’t solve anything… I don’t like yelling and fighting and I can’t quarrel, I prefer to let it drop… When people use disagreeable words, I feel crushed and remember them for a long time.” -Grace Kelly
"The freedom of the press works in such a way that there is not much freedom from it." -Grace Kelly
“I avoid looking back. I prefer good memories to regrets.”“I would like to be remembered as someone who accomplished useful deeds, and who was a kind and loving person. I would like to leave the memory of a human being with a correct attitude and who did her best to help others.” -Grace Kelly
If there's one thing that American movie star Grace Kelly will be remembered for, it's her elegant beauty and class. She was never a 'reveal-all' actress, preferring to keep her body and private life under wraps but she was still incredibly attractive. She had timeless style and, as can be shown from her quotations, was full of good advice as well.
Top tips for getting Grace Kelly's style:
- Pearls aren't just for Grandma. Pearl earrings and necklaces can be really stylish when paired with a simple LBD. If you want a modern take on a classic go for a single pearl on a silver chain or pearl earrings
- Wear only two colours at any one time.
- Wear hats, turbans and headscarves.
- Use simple makeup - glowing skin and a little red lippy, nothing too fancy or caked on.
- Have a capsule wardrobe of key pieces which you can wear all year.
- Of course, the last tip is to buy a Hermes 'Kelly' bag, which was made famous in the 1950's and has a one year waiting list to purchase one.
Hugs and Cupcakes,