Saturday 16 October 2010

Smile like you mean it

Good afternoon! World Smile Day is the frist friday of October every year so as the nights get longer and everything gets a little dreary I thought I'd put together my top ways of putting that smile back on your beautiful faces.

“Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.”
 Mother Theresa

1.       Snuggles
 grab your friends, boyfriend, teddy, mum, dad, sister, anyone! And give ‘em a good ol’ hug. Hell, I’d snuggle up with my gold fish if  could but I can never quite catch ‘em J
2.       Singing.
I always feel good after listening to my ‘happy songs’. My top choices are: Jackson 5 - Blame it on the Boogie,  Rusty Root – Send me on my way, Dolly Parton 9 till 5 and Don’t Stop Believing from Glee.
3.       Puppies and kittens
 I dare you to put ‘puppies’ into Google and try not to smile.  Or watch cute puppies online, awww  http://www.ustream.tv/sfshiba
4.       Make a to do list and cross everything off
Maybe this is just my orgainised self talking but If you’re daunted because you have a stack of things to do make a reasonable to do list and get going through them! Then tick them off with a huge red marker......satisfying isn’t it?
5.       Makeover time
Give yourself a makeover! My mummy used to tell me that if you had make-up on you’d be 5% more productive. She also told me putting new shoes on the table is bad luck. Either way it sure makes you feel good!

6.       Pamper time
Give your self a pamper. Everyone deserve a little time to themselves; whether it’s a hot bath, your favourite Cecilia Ahern novel, or a manicure you deserve it gorgeous. Look good and feel even better.
7.       Do someone a favour.
Take your elderly neighbour’s bin out for them, help your mum with the shopping, cook your boyfriend a meal, donate blood, give some money (and a hug!)  to a homeless person, raise some money for charity, give a listening ear to one of your friends. Focusing on other people really makes you forget your own problems and you get that nice tingly feeling inside for doing your good deed of the day :0)
8.       Make a list of all the amazing things in your life.
Then sit back and admire.
9.       Bake
 Make something big and yummy and share it with your friends
10.   Go out for a walk.
 I love doing this in autumn, hearing the crunchy leaves under your feet, getting a bit of fresh air. Even better if you have a friend or a dog to come with you.
11.   Tell all the nice people you have in your life that you love them.
One day you might not have the chance. Ring up that old friend and reminise, call your Nan, your dog,  really just about anyone! (apart from strangers, thats also known as hassament)
12.   Chocolate
Block of the sweet stuff are  scientifically proven to release endorphins which make you happy. – enough said!

I would love to hear your suggestions for cheering yourself or someone else up when they're having a bad day.



No comments:

Post a Comment