Wednesday 17 November 2010

Miss Sporty Quick-Dry Nail Varnish Review


My best friend Siobhan came and stayed with me for the weekend and this meant a girly shopping trip was in order.

Boots currently have a 3 for 2 offer on all cosmetic products so these cheap nail varnishes caught our eye and Siobhan bought a Metallic Bronze (Zodiac), a Fuchsia Pink (Paparazzi) and a dark blue (Jet Set Blue) and at only £1.99 each they were a bit of a bargain.

I used a clear coat of Sally hardening nail polish and then applied two coats of the metallic colour. The best thing about these nail varnishes is the brushes make application super easy. (and I usually end up with more nail varnish on my fingers, carpet, clothes etc than on my actual nails!) so for me this was a real bonus!

I had it on for four days and its worn really well. I have chips out of two of them, but one really was my fault for picking at it, and I’ll probably keep it on for another few days.


The metallic colour is perfect for anyone who has short or brittle nails like me, because it makes them look pretty without standing out too much. Darker colours can make nails look stubby if they’re short.



Top Nail Varnish Tips
  • Keep a cotton bud and some nail varnish remover handy in case you do get some on your hands.
  • If you don’t have any polish remover put some nail polish on your nail and before its dry wipe off.
  • Stop the varnish from staining by applying a base coat
  • Smudged your polish while painting? Try this trick: dip your finger in nail polish remover and use it to smooth the surface, repainting with a topcoat.
  • To keep your nails fresh, apply a top coat every few days.


My ratings (0 being the worst and 10 the best)

Texture: 6
Fragrance: 3
Colour: 7
Performance: 7
Value for Money: 9

Overall 6.4/10

I hope this has inspired you all to go make your digits perfect for the party season. At £1.99, what are you waiting for? Go treat yourself gorgeous. :)

Hugs and Cupcakes,




1 comment:

  1. The bottle reminds me of Elle 18 (an Indian brand) nail polishes. You have got a great blog!!

    <3

    ReplyDelete