Now I know I'm not American but its good every now and then to say what we're Thankful for, so here we have it. 12 Beauty things I'm thankful for and what it reminds me of in my life thats totally awesome.
1) Tap Water. Did you know that every bottle of water you buy wastes 7lts of water? But it’s so good for my skin, eyes, hair and overall wellbeing and concentration I hear you say. Well did you also know that in a recent test over 80% of people couldn’t tell the difference in taste between tap water and mineral water? So, no excuses! Fill it up from the tap and save your pennies for your shoe fund J
This reminds me that I’m happy for being 21 and still alive and healthy and happy.
2) Lancome Youth Activating Eye concentrate – My Mum gave me some of this recently and I can’t stop using it. It’s lovely. (Review coming up shortly)
This reminds me how lucky I am to have a mum who I can chat to about anything and do girly things like shopping with, a brother who makes me laugh all the time and who I don't argue with, and a dad who, as one person put it is 'crazy as a box of frogs' but goes out and catches burglars and lets me get away with anything.
3) Red lipstick – This is an essential beauty box item because you can slap some sunnies on, a bit of red lipstick and you’re queen of the catwalk even if you have no other make up on and dark circles under your eyes.
This reminds me how amazing it is to study something which I am so so passionate about for 3 years.
4) Concealer. What would I do in the morning without a blooming good concealer? Hmmm......probably not get up until the afternoon.
This reminds me I’m thankful for Make-up (of course!) which is my other passion and does the wonders of hiding sleepless nights, pimples, spots and blotches and every morning transforms me into a normal human being.
5) Pocket mirror – A necessity for every handbag on wind swept days whe you don’t want to arrive at the office looking as though you’d been dragged though a hedge kicking and screaming.
This makes me excited for my two job interviews in the New Year. Go me! J
6) Micro refiner Exfoliator. This is my absolute favourite Body Shop Product packed full of vitamin C which comes from community traded Camu Camu from the Amazon it’s a really harsh exfoliator which makes my skin glow.
As I work in the Body Shop this reminds me that I have totally awesome colleagues who I love to pieces and which makes my job an absolute dream. I look forward to going to work every day and not many people can say that.
7) Cotton Pads – No matter how amazing your make up look is you’ve got to take it off and some point. That’s when these babies come in handy.
Living in a country which, despite its lying government has clean drinking water, education up to secondary level for all, free health care, supermarkets which sell everything under the sun and is not a war zone and gives you the freedom of speech to make yourself look like an idiot.
8) Camomile Eye Makeup Remover – This is the most gentle make up remover on the high street, I’ve lost count the number of times I have got this in my eye and believe it or not its not the battery-acid- running-round-rubbing-my-eyes-hissy-fit that I usually have with most make up removers.
This reminds me I also couldn’t live without my Best friends who are actually amazing people. I can trust them 100% and who would do anything for me. Not many people can say that either.
9) Cosmopolitan Magazine – I love my monthly subscription to this magazine. Style, interviews,fashion, advice, sex tips. Everything necessary for the modern girl about town.
Which reminds me how thankful I am my friend persuaded me to create this Blog which keeps me out of mischief of an evening and lets me show people my passion.
10) SPF 15 Johnson and Johnson Moisturiser. Using an SPF moisturiser everyday is a must if you want to protect your skin from sun damage. This one is nice and light for my skin.
This reminds me that I’m thankful for changing my attitude this academic term. Getting up early to do work, looking after myself, keeping myself away from people who are negative influences and having lots of FOCUS!
11) Mascara – Does this need an explanation? What girl doesn’t love a little lift in her lash line?
This reminds me I’m glad I Got 3 adorable Goldfish. They don't fart/play COD like a boyfriend but they blow me little kisses and remind me to 'just keep swimming.' No matter what.
12) YOU!! I’m thankful for all the people come that come read my blog. Thanks Guys!
Love and Cupcakes,