Saturday 26 March 2011

Carousel Makeup

Good Morning!

Sorry, for my blogging absence but my final third year papers are due in soon and I've been busy preparing to do the makeup for my university's production of Carousel. (Eeeeeee! exciting!)



Julie is wearing YSL foundation, with a coral blush, red lipstick and brown eyeshadow from The Body Shop. and I just used  a little concealer on the guy playing Billy. Don't they look fantastic?

Over the next week I will be doing the makeup (with a little help!) for a cast of 35 people so I'm going to be rushed off my feet I'm sure!

The Cast are an extremely talented bunch of people and have worked so hard rehearsing this musical. I've watched a couple of dress rehearsals and it still makes me laugh. I'm so excited to see it on stage with all the makeup costume, lights and scenery.

Not quite as excited as Music Theatre Society President Lucie Nash will be on opening night though; “I can’t wait to see how people react to Carousel – it has been such an exciting few months putting it all together and everyone involved has worked incredibly hard. I have an extremely talented cast and I know they’ll do Rodgers & Hammerstein justice. ”

If you do live in the Kent, UK, area you can get tickets from the Whitstable playhouse by clicking here



Here's a picture of me with the 'old look' makeup which, quite frankly, is the stuff of nightmares! haha! I'm sooooo sexy! ;) This is what happens if you don't use SPF moisturiser everyday people!

I will be doing a tutorial on how to recreate this look if you ever need to, for Halloween or stage or just generally to scare your housemates so watch out for that after all this madness is done!

Hugs and Cupcakes,

No comments:

Post a Comment