|Photo by Katie Jane|
The perfect thing about a LBD is you can accessorise with absolutely everything. You can dress it down and go to Costa Coffee with a cardigan and some flats, or you can add a sexy waist belt and some killer high heels and go out with your girl friends. In this picture I'm wearing a H&M strapless dress with a Dorothy Perkins Brown saddle-style belt some earings from Accessorize, nude tights, and a brown bracelet to match. Okay, usually black and brown in the fashion world don't really go, but I was always one for breaking rules! If it looks cool then go with it!
Top Tips with your LBD
- Jazz up your black dress with bright accessories. Have a pair of killer Hot Pink Heels? Pair it with a LBD and a matching handbag and you're good to go.
- Don't know what jewelry to wear? Add several necklaces of different lengths but either all gold/silver/similar colourings and practise with a few different ones to see what looks right.
- For a smart occasion or if its cold pair with a beautiful tailored Blazer. I have a couple which were real finds and once you start wearing them you won't stop. My favourite is from Madam Butterfly but you can also get nice ones from New Look or Dorothy Perkins. They're a wardrobe must!
- Have you already got a nice little blak dress? Good ways to make it 'on trend' for the winter season: Pair with a sparkly bolero, a velvet jacket or a scarf/shoes/bag with animal print/fur. Or something Gold.
- Add some Body sparkle on your decolletage and arms if you're going to a party. The Body Shop have a gorgeous one in thier new winter makeup collection which is £10 and scented of Japanese Cherry Blosom. I can't wait to get my hand on one of those!
- Dress down with Biker boots, flats, cardigans and jeans or leggings underneath.
- If you're not particularly curvy then give yourself some shape with a cute waist belt.