Monday 20 September 2010

Review: Clarin's Silky Smooth Body Cream.

I have been using this body cream for the past three days after my Mum got a smaller 40ml version from Bental's with some other purchases.  The first thing which I noticed, and my main reason for 'borrowing' it, was the amazing smell. Its quite sweet but not too overpowering so would go well under most perfumes. After wearing the cream for a while the scent does change into something different. It's not quite as terrible that I'd have to take it off. Its just a plasticy undertone. (Think carrier bags not Barbie)

Clairins claims it: "softens skin, leaving it smooth and delicately scented with the reassuring notes of Eau Ressourçante. Promotes a feeling of well-being and relaxation."

It has definitely left my skin 'silky smooth' but it seems to be more of a surface moisturiser than one that would really sink in as it left some surface residue for a while and I felt afterwards that I needed to put on another thicker moisturiser; having said that, I do have very dry skin so for somone with normal skin it would probably work better. After the residue has sunk in, it definately makes my skin feel softer and smoother. As for the feelings of relaxation and wellbeing, I wouldn't have thought that unless I had read the label and if I was looking for something to relax me this wouldn't be my top choice of products.

It costs around £26 for a 200ml pot from Debenhams and other department stores which for Clarin’s brand products isn't too bad but, apart from the smell, I wouldn't say it was that much better than your average high street moisturiser.

My ratings: (0 is the worst to 10 being the best)

Fragrance: 7.5
Texture: 6
Performance: 4
Value for money: 4

Overall: 5.5/10

Happy Monday,

Em x o x

No comments:

Post a Comment